Why are barre workouts so effective?
Barre workouts are rising because they are for every age and fitness level. You don’t have to be a dancer; the results are dramatic! Participating in a safe and effective workout is incredibly important, and Barre Series provides just that! Barre is an effective workout designed to sculpt, strengthen and motivate. The Barre Series workout, in particular, brings in elements of dance, ballet and Pilates to create an adrenaline-fuelled exercise that strengthens, lengthens and chisels the body. Each class is never the same and features a combination of movements that enhance flexibility, improve balance, and challenge the core. The great thing about barre is that anyone can do it – from complete beginners to professional dancers.
What can I expect from a Barre class?
The Barre Series class incorporates elements of dance and Pilates and is infused with cardio, resistance and body-weight challenges, which combine to give quick and effective results.
Long-term benefits of barre:
Improves posture, fitness and flexibility. The combination of stretching and working your whole body to its full range of movement in a Barre Series class enhances circulation and increases flexibility. Toning exercises are paired with stretches and Pilates techniques that elongate the muscles to help you stand taller, achieving a dancer’s grace. Regular stretching in barre classes has increased collagen production (which helps with firming and toning) and ensures you return to your workouts quickly, avoiding injury. It helps correct poor posture by lengthening tight muscles that pull body areas away from their intended position. Stretching just twice a week can assist in maintaining our lean muscles and increase our blood and nutrient supply to our muscles, thus reducing muscle fatigue.
Mental and emotional benefits:
The ballet aspect of the Barre Series gives those new to dance the
opportunity to move in ways they are not used to, which offers a sense of freedom and release. As with all exercise, barre can help relieve stress and improve mood. This, combined with improved posture, can give you greater self-confidence.
Top 10 Barre Workout Benefits
1. We believe the best things in life make you sweaty! Our music, instructors and adrenaline-fuelled moves get your heart racing every time!
2. Barre Series adds elements of cardio into each class so you can burn anywhere between 200-600 calories each session– (talk about packing a punch!). In addition to cardio and toning exercises, stretching is essential to the Barre Series workout. Regular stretching can increase the production of collagen, which helps firm and tone the muscles, increase flexibility and helps correct poor posture by lengthening tight muscles that pull areas of the body away from their intended position.
3. The Barre Series burn is real! You will hear words in your barre class: squeeze, stretch, lengthen, and grow. The focus on movement and how you use your muscles significantly affects their development. Length and strength are at the core of ballet/barre movements, creating beautiful lean and long muscles without bulk.
4. The results are quick and effective. Within your first three classes, you will begin to see results.
5. Barre Series goes far deeper than a plie! As with all exercise, barre can help relieve stress and improve mood. Our lifestyle brand and clients feel safe, accomplished and proud in the studio and beyond. This, combined with improved posture, can give you greater self-confidence.
6. All instructors are Pilates trained, so our classes will focus much more on alignment and form and not just technique.
7. Barre incorporates functional movements, with a lot of it done standing, which can make it appropriate for prenatal and postnatal clients and clients rehabilitating back from injuries.
8. Barre Series is for everyBODY!
9. Barre is becoming more popular for men as an alternative to their regular strength and cardio. You’ll work every muscle in your body (and find ones you probably didn’t realise you had!)
10. It’s FUN!
Why choose Barre Series?
No two classes are ever the same, and Barre Series is, most importantly, fun! The added cardio element sets Barre Series aside from all other programs. The graceful yet energetic combination of movements enables clients to get the most out of their workouts. Barre Series clients can burn anywhere from 200-600 calories per session which is why our clients continue to come back for more!
Learn more at www.barreseries.com/on-demand
Copyright © 2022 CatieMiller.Co Ltd (Company registered in England and Wales with Company Number: 14299972. Trading as Barre Series.
Back to the top
Connect with us on socials
SIgn UP TO THE barre series newsletter
Site Made By Rove